Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Introducing Your New Business Via Business Cards

One of the best ways to introduce your new business to potential clients is via business cards. It is important to include all necessary contact information. There are printing companies today who advertise free business cards for just the cost of shipping and handling. For one example, I myself used VistaPrint.com to obtain my first 250 business cards. These cards were printed with a color image on quality paper. I was very impressed when the small package arrived. I received it in a timely manner, although I did not pay extra for expediated shipping. A word to the wise, verify all information including correct URL address if applicable.

I went on to distribute these cards to local businesses and acquaintances. This proved effective to introduce my business to other local entrepreneurs and residents. As my service includes resume writing, it was of interest to many who had not even had put together a resume before. My resume writing experience was first hand through many years of submitting job applications to diverse companies. Also, writing resumes for family members.

In today's difficult economic times, job seekers need to highlight their accomplishments and abilities. I am hoping to continue placing out my business cards, both directly and indirectly, to attract potential customers to my writing service. I keep a handful with me both in my bag and in my vehicle. I never know from day to day who I may meet who will be interested in enlisting a writing service. I might meet a vendor willing to display a card or two for me. I offer to reciprocate to advertise their business.

I have worked at several businesses in such positions as head teller, front desk receptionist, customer service rep and inside sales person. All these positions allowed for me to have business cards to hand out to customers. Now, I can clearly see the benefit of using business cards as a very effective marketing tool to introduce my new business to potential customers.

1 comment:

  1. Business cards plays an important role in developing business!! Vista Print is great site for printing business material...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption