Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jeanne & Red Travel to Hidden Oaks Dog Park

This week I am highlighting a local dog park located in Wilkesboro, NC. Hidden Oaks Dog Park was opened in 2004 and has been a great asset to the community. This is a summary of the article that will be featured in my column for the Wilkes Gazette. Dog parks are ideal places for citizens and their pets to socialize. Usually, there are rules posted to keep the park enjoyable for all its visitors. As for my dog Red, he is good with some dogs and not so good with other dogs. If I visit Hidden Oaks Dog Park with him, we remain outside the fenced area where pets may roam off leash. We reside outside city limits on a farm. So, Red does most of his off leash roaming at home. However, for owners and dogs who do not have yards if they live in apartments or condos, the dog park is ideal for these pets to be able to roam free for a little while. Supervision is necessary as dogs can be unpredictable in new surroundings. It is probably a good idea to socialize your pets on leash first and then venture to off leash. Dogs in heat and dogs with history of agression are not permitted in the fenced areas for obvious reasons so as not to cause conflicts between dogs. Usually, water fountains and dog poop stations are available. Benches are located at Hidden Oaks for owners to socialize while still keeping watchful eyes on the activities of their pets. Please visit http://www.wilkesgazette.net/ to learn more about our beautiful dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption