Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Petfinder's Adopt the Internet Day

As happens quite often, I am diverging once again from the steps to completing a novel in deference to another cause close to my heart.  I have recently learned that Petfinder.com is organizing an Adopt The Internet Day to be held March 15th

There are several ways for us all to show our support.  I had adopted two of my shepherds while living in Connecticut through Petfinder.com.  One dog, my Benny, was pet of the month in the Manchester, CT shelter back in September 2001.  One week prior to 9 11.  How can one forget the terrible tragedies that month???

My other shepherd was rescued from abuse and starvation by a young woman on welfare.  I came to learn she had rescued a number of large dogs, yet could not financially keep them.  So, that is how we acquired Maxx.  I kept him for 6 months and I already had 4 large dogs.  I bought him time and then he was adopted by another family.

I believe in the work of Petfinder which has grown so over the past 10 years.  I find the free classifieds sections of great benefit to both owners and pets in finding new homes in a more affordable manner. 

My current situation allows for me to only  keep my 10 year old Red, a chow/rotti cross.  He was not a Petfinder Adoptable Pet, he was a neighborhood stray who walked into my snowy yard at the right moment.  What a joy he has been to me!

I have added the Petfinder Badge today and will post twice to the Petfinder site on March 15th regarding two adoptable pets here in Wilkes county.  I will also tell at least one person on the 15th.  There are so many wonderful pets needing new homes and not euthanasia.  Petfinder is easy to use and allows one to search all zip codes for adoptable pets of all breeds, ages and genders.

If you are a pet lover and have a website, why not join the effort and add a badge to your site?  There are several badges to choose from.  It was appropriate for me to add this dog who resembles a shepherd mix as my two Petfinder dogs were both shepherds.

Let us help Petfinder to assist adoptable pets in finding new loving homes this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption