Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Accomplishments Journal - Updating Websites

One task that I have been putting off is to take the time to update my websites.  In this, I refer to updating my many user names and passwords on websites that I have accounts.

This year I decided to go back to the old-fashioned method of pen and paper.  I began an accomplishments journal this year.  I decided that I have written a plethora of to do lists through the years, so now this year, I am adding an accomplishments journal.  


This journal will actually be a set of composite notebooks.  I  am already receiving benefits from this journal.  I have at my fingertips a listing of what I am actually crossing off on my to do list.  Mundane tasks like grocery lists and cleaning item refill lists I do not need to track.  However, major accomplishments are what I wish to keep for down the road.  For days when I am sluggish in my motivation, a glance at this journal is already giving me the impetus to see that I can reach small goals.


The journal is also assisting me in setting time frames for future projects.  I often have procrastinated on the more daunting tasks that I need to tackle in the course of a year.  i.e. yearly tax returns that I always complete myself.  I will note here, that in the last few years, I began e-filing my returns.  This process has involved the locating of the necessary tax forms and the researching of tax preparation software. 


The first website account that I updated this year was for my e-file tax service.  This started the ball rolling with updating my email accounts.  I decided to change passwords on all of my accounts. This is a tedious, time consuming task.  


However, I know that as the year progresses, I will be glad that I updated my various website accounts.  This was also the time for me to update and review all my profile and settings information.  

It is amazing how many website accounts one might need to update!  These accounts run the gamut from book clubs to club memberships  to contests to email accounts to social media and tax services, and much more.  


I decided to put all these accounts into a small notebook so that I can have them at my fingertips.  Realizing that this is a lot of information in one place, I keep finding new locations to store it.  At 54, it is easier for me now to go to my notebook, look up the account name, and then input my user/password information to log in to the accounts as needed.


I am hesitant to save my password and when prompted to save?  I usually click no.  I prefer to re-enter my login information each time I need to access one of my website accounts.  You may have a different system.  For 2015, this is the system with which I am working to assist me with my accomplishments journal.


Until next time,


Valerie Jeannne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption