Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Passive Income Sources

This post is going to be the first of a series of posts that will examine passive income sources. Wikipedia defines passive income as "an income received on a regular basis, with little effort required to maintain it. It is closely related to the concept of "unearned income".

I am writing this series in conjunction with my recent experience with joining affiliate marketing programs.  In addition to applying for a Google Adsense account, I also have joined some programs with big name companies.  This is a learning experience for me in that my ad copywriting skills must achieve even greater depth and skill.


My 4+ years with owning shops listed on the Etsy.com marketplace have given me much experience in ad copywriting.  This is a process that needs continual revision.  If certain descriptions and benefits are not enticing potential customers to make a purchase, then I know that I need to edit and update each item's personal adjectives both positive and negative.  


In the world of vintage, many items have lost their original shine, glow, appendages, parts and usefulness.  Yet, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I have read, and it must be true.  I am even amazed at items that stay in the shop for over a year or 2, and items with flaws will sell in a couple of months or less.


Timing, supply and demand, and the economy all play roles in each item's time frame on when, and if, it will be purchased by a buyer to my shops.


In contrast to sales that require much attention, marketing and detail, affiliate marketing initially requires much thought and planning and research and then it stands on its own merits for weeks and months to come.  Big name company products that are in demand do not need much help by me in their sales stats, however, it is up to me to drive traffic to my websites in order to earn potential passive income in commissions.


This is one form of passive income.  I will be adding posts for you all to read and share as my experiences grow with this new form of sales marketing.  I do not have to produce a product because they are already for sale on the web by their stores.  I do have to put effort in to direct marketing techniques to drive traffic to the links that I have pasted on my various web platforms.  


Until next time,


Valerie Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My photo
Wilkesboro, NC, United States
My interest with writing began by composing poems about nature in my childhood. I also co-wrote a play in my 4th grade class when I lived in New Rochelle, NY. It generated enough positive feedback that my class put on the play in the school auditorium. I was fortunate to have a lead part. After my high school graduation, I entered the working world. For over 30 years I have been steadily gaining writing, editing and digital publishing skills. I began by composing letters and emails to company clients. I contributed to articles written for The Commuters Register based in Windsor, CT. Since 2009, I have added social media, digital publishing and blogging here in Wilkesboro, NC. Since 2010, I write ad copy for the listing descriptions for each of my 3 Internet shops open at Etsy.com. In 2012, I entered a poem about my dog Red in the World Poetry Contest. The poem was chosen for publication. I have written articles for the Winston-Salem Frugal Living Examiner and Hub Pages. In 2012, I acquired The Wilkes Gazette digital newspaper that was renamed the Wilkes County Gazette in 2014. I write under both my own name and my pen name, Jeanne Armonk.
Pet Adoption